Ways to Connect
- Are you new to LCS and/or haven’t been to the Land School as a family yet? Learn more about the Land School here and send questions to LCS Environmental Group members Keren Gudemen or Tam Weiss
- Check the weekly Tuesday Memo for Land School events and news from the rural campus
- Check out Farm Friday on LCS’s social media accounts for photos highlighting current events on the land
Ways to Participate
- Family Visits: visit our SignUp Genius to schedule a time to visit the Land School
- Volunteer for Harvest/Market Days, events, etc.
- Stop by the the Land School Market at the urban campus on Tuesdays from 4-6 p.m. in September and October to select from an array of vegetables to purchase
- We host occasional community events at the Land School – check the school calendar for more details!
- LCS Environmental Group: a parent-driven initiative exploring existing and potential environmental stewardship opportunities and education. Reach out to Keren Gudemen or Josie Brinda with queries or interest. The Environmental Group will meet throughout the year, and we encourage you to participate any time.
- CH: Students will experience the Land School when we bring materials and investigations into their environments throughout the year.
- E1: Each E1 Classroom comes to the Land School in the fall, preparing them to plan small group Going Outs and becoming familiar with our Rural Campus. In the spring, E1 classes come for a 3-day overnight trip to the Land School.
- E2: Each class will dig into stewardship projects and land exploration for at least one day visit and a 3-day overnight in the fall, plus a day trip in the spring. Students can choose to sign up for a week-long summer Farm Camp.
- Junior High: Each student has the opportunity to attend one three-week residential Farm Stay during the school year, filled with contribution work and study, hand work, micro economy projects, and building community. The whole Junior High comes for 4 day trips throughout the school year. Students can choose to sign up for week-long Apprenticeships in the summer.